1. I love being pregnant! I feel so much better about myself (emotionally) and don't worry so much about my perception of my body (physically). It is great! I also love looking for baby names and have it down to a science (one of my favorite baby name books is Beyond Jennifer and Jason and I always check out the social security baby name popularity site). I'm kind of a freak actually...Oh and unlike many moms, I totally look forward to labor and delivery-which is done with no epidural (for my own crazy reasons) but with plenty of help.
2. Ethan and I are currently working on our "set." It includes some Allison Krause, Billy Pilgrim, Josie and the Pussycats, Jack Johnson, Damien Rice, etc. He plays the guitar and I play the "vocal harp" and together we make some pretty good music. Hopefully we'll get to the point where we do our own material at some point! I hope to get to the point where we perform at various venues. I also really want to record an album with him. It is so great making music with the one I love!
3. People from high school know this one, but most of my other friends don't. I was a drama geek and won several acting honors and awards while in high school and a bit in college. I still long for the stage and love any opportunity I get to be in front of an audience...even just speaking or singing in Sacrament meeting. In college I came VERY close to majoring in theater, but couldn't submit myself to all the trash that is out there in the college scene. To this day when I see a high school play I wonder if perhaps I should go back and just do it...I feel like they need me! (I'm so vain!) Its funny to me that in high school and college singing was never my forte (I always loved it, but I was never known for my strength as a soloist) and now it seems to have taken the front seat. One of my life long goals/dreams is to open my own theatre and share what I love with my community.
4. I am obsessed with the Presidential primary race. I truly believe that Mitt Romney is the best choice to be our next President and not just because he's Mormon. I can't say that doesn't affect me at all, but it is by no means the sole reason I think he would be the best for the job. He has proven himself as an incredibly effective and successful leader, something our country is in dire need of. He has an awesome track record of making things that are failing turn around and come out on top, this would be invaluable to our economic situation. And finally he has fought for what he believes is right as Governor even though it wasn't easy. He stuck to it and got the ball rolling in the right direction, I want someone who is willing to fight Congress or the courts if he has to. These and many other reasons (like the fact that he is right on a majority of the issues at hand) are the reasons I am completely obsessed with this race. To be perfectly honest, though, I don't think he'll win, but as you can see I think it will be America's loss.
5. I am a major "LOSTie" and am now playing the alternate reality game Find 815. It is so silly to have a show that I follow so closely, but it is also so much fun! I love having something to look forward to each week. I am also thrilled that they have a plan for ending the show in 3 seasons. I hate the thought of it going on and on and never getting anything resolved. January 31 (the season premiere) can't come soon enough!
6. I have a serious addiction...I am completely and totally addicted to the phone. I wake up wondering who I can call (which is no one...its like 4 or 5 am where my friends live). I start calling people and more often than not don't get answers, but I don't give up...I go through my entire phone list on my phone several times each day thinking of who to call (I don't actually call everyone on my list). If I do get a hold of someone after I'm done talking to them, my finger automatically starts scrolling through the list again. I use over 2000 minutes by myself every month! I attribute this addiction to my love of friends and need for quality time, but still...I need help people!
So there you have it...more than you cared or needed to know about me!
12 comments:
2000 minutes a month! By yourself! Wow! That is quite impressive. And there were things on the list that I did not know, and at some point I knew you pretty well. Thanks for sharing! Oh and OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT!!!
2000 minutes a month does not surprise me. The only thing on your list that I didn't know was the desire to make and album with Ethan. I'm with you all the way Kim when it comes to who I would like to be our next president for the very same reasons you listed. I just feel like he is the best person for the job. Joni you surprised me. OBAMA is the best democrate running, but Mitt is the best man for the presidency. Love you tons. Grandma Hoss
Hey, what's a vocal harp?
Ali, vocal harp is a fancy term for my fabulous voice! ;)
Joni, Just out of curiosity, what didn't you know? I thought you knew all my deep dark secrets. :)
I didn't know you and Ethan were still into performing and I definately didn't know that you talked on the phone that much. I also didn't know that you liked the show "Lost" so much. I have never even seen it. So, I guess I only knew 3 of the 6. Pretty good.
We have also been watching the primary race closely (yeah for the win in Nevada!), and we're impressed with Mitt so far. Did you see him on the Tonight Show last night? He's very quick witted. I also think Obama would make a good president, but he's definitely the "back-up." All the things you listed about yourself are very interesting, I love reading these kinds of things about other people.
I love me some Kim. I always thought you had a gorgeous voice. Remember Villa De La Rosa, or whatever song that I accompanied for you? You sounded like an angel. I do agree with Joni on the presidential candidate, though. Can I still be Mormon? Oh, well. I always wanted to find a church where I could wear pants.
So Kim, Joni wouldn't give me her reasons for supporting Obama, are you up to the challenge? I don't have anything really against him, but what makes him worthy of your vote for running the country? I promise I will still like you if you tell me. :) You can email me if you don't want to get into it here. I'm just sincerely interested and open-minded quite frankly. I find myself much more moderate than many of my family, but in considering the issues at hand Mitt feels the most qualified. I'm looking for a debate, just insight...care to help? Let me know! :)
Alright, you want reasons? Obama is more realistic in his goals. He has plans for how to make things happen. For healthcare he would create a public health insurance program for individuals not covered by employers and require health insurance for all children. He would pay for it by eliminating Bush's tax cuts for the rich. Romney supports covering the uninsured but won't raise taxes. He thinks states should develop their own plans (passing the buck, if you will). Romney, in fact, has promised to lower taxes, which I think is riciculous since our country is DEEPLY in debt. Also, Romney supports the war in Iraq and opposes troop withdrawel. I think we need to fix what we started, but we need to start scaling back. We are spending millions of dollars a day to keep our troops in Iraq and things have settled enough to where we don't need so many. Obama has supported troop withdrawal. Some critisize Obama for not having enough experience. Frankly that is one thing that I like about him. He hasn't been in politics long enough to become a "politician". He isn't corrupted by the system. He doesn't just say what he knows people want to hear. Romney has "changed his mind" about issues depending on if he is running for Senate of a liberal state or running for president as a conservative republican. He supported abortion rights in 1994 in his senate race. Now he opposes them. He supported civil union laws for Massachusetts, but now he opposes civil unions. When it comes to the issues, I just agree with Obama more. Plus, this election is most likely going to be won by the democratic candidate and Oboma would be much better than Hilary. Now, are you sorry you asked?
Not at all sorry I asked! I sincerely wanted to know what placed him as the best candidate in your opinion. I need a back-up plan because I will not be voting for John McCain if he gets the nomination (I know he's another of your favorites). I respect your opinion and am glad you shared it. Thanks! One thing that I have to dispute though, is the argument that Romney has changed views based on what race he's running. He changed views MUCH before running for President and I personally am glad that he can admit that he was wrong and that he's willing to evolve. And, even though the media is saying Romney is the only one that is a "fip-flopper" if you will-all the candidates have changed their positions on several issues. So-not that you asked but just coming to the defense of my candidate!
By the way, I just got my phone bill for the month of December 5- January 5 and I used...drumroll please...3099 minutes! Holy Cow! I need a 12 step program!
Post a Comment