Thursday, March 13, 2008

OUTRAGED!

I love the TV show LOST...this comes as no surprise to any of you. One of my favorite things to do after watching an episode to visit lostpedia to see what other people theorize about happenings in the show. I know its silly, but its fun. I have even had it linked from our family blog under "favorite sites."

Well, last night as I was reading about a new character I noticed on their sponsored links some very inappropriate pictures. I immediately closed that window and was appalled and outraged.

I know a lot of people think that stuff is OK, its the norm...yackety-schmackety. If people want to destroy their minds and spirits by viewing such vulgar material that is their prerogative. However, I choose to not subject myself to such vileness and feel completely angry, indignant, even livid when that choice is taken away from me.

Shame on those that prey on innocent web browsers. I thought I could trust a site and learned, regretfully, that I was wrong. I have since written a letter of complaint to the administrator of lostpedia expressing my concern and hope to make a difference, though I doubt I will-I'm losing my hope in humanity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I'm sorry that you had to see what you saw. Hopefully they will clean that site back up so that you can continue to do what you have enjoyed for some time now. It is a shame that some people have to ruin it for others. Now you are probably afraid to even go to the site to see if it has been cleaned up. I love you tons. Grandma Hoss

JandS Morgan said...

That is annoying. The kids used to like playing games on the internet on a site called Break.com. I finally had to forbid it because of inappropriate pictures on it. It was pretty sad. I didn't have much hope things would change there, but I bet there is a good chance lostpedia will change things. I'll check it out and if I see something I'll send an email and have my sister send one too.

Allison said...

Hey I know this comment is a little late, but here it is anyway. I really wanted to participate in the book club this month, but alas, I am still waiting for the book from the library! I got it on CD and starting listening, but listening to a book is so much harder time-wise for me than actually reading it. I never finished it before I had to return it to the library. So, I will read Austenland (when it finally comes) and look forward to more discussions for the next book. Have you decided what it's going to be yet? Do you have a theme you want to discuss or anything? If you want some suggestions, I will be glad to help. I used to work in a public library, so Ikinda know the ropes of finding interesting books. Let me know.
-allison

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Kim!

I was updating Neil's facebook page for him today and saw Ethan on his friend's list and followed the links to your blog. I know it's been years and you might not remember me but - hey!

Good for you for having the strength and determination to try to make a difference!

Kim-the-girl said...

Kim V.,

I'm glad you found us...I'm not sure how we're listed on facebook, but we have a family blog...linked at the right.

I tried to track you down, but not with much success...do you have a family blog? We'd love to see how you're doing.

Thanks for leaving the note!
Kim W.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I was uploading new photos of the girls to Neil's facebook account, and he's got Ethan listed as a friend, and Ethan has your family blog in his info, which had the link to yours. Not too many twists and turns but it's so nice to reconnect!

I blog at http://kymburleev.blogspot.com, and my Facebook profile is under Kimberly Miller VanderHorst. So fun to catch up and see what's going on with you guys. Congrats on the upcoming move!