If you check my family blog, you saw that recently my mom celebrated her 60th birthday. For her gift I will be interviewing her and then writing her personal history... on one condition, she has to start writing in a journal of her current experiences. :o) So, I made this one for her. She is on her way here right now, and I'm so excited to give it to her!
I was telling my sis-in-law what I was doing and she asked if I write in a journal and I said I blog. I recently downloaded BookSmart software from blurb.com and it can slurp your whole blog and you can publish it into a book. I think we'll probably do that with a lot of our posts, it will be fun to see it in that format. I love looking through photo/scrap books, but haven't done a great job keeping up with them... so blogs are great for me! I don't put all my emotional garbage in either, so maybe generations down the road will be able to look at me as a somewhat sane person. I have just enough ranting to make me seem normal, to those that don't know better! Photo journals are good and you all know I can ramble on and on... so trust me, posterity, you'll thank me for this kind of journal!Now, mom, if you want to start blogging as much as me you can just frame this gift, but if you're not up to blogging it all, just keep the journal in your knitting bag and write in it once a week or so on the train...we'll thank you for this kind of journal!
3 comments:
I was a great journal keep until college then it went downhill, which is terrible. I'm so glad I blog now, I'll have to look into that software.
That is really cool. I've heard there was a website that helped you save your blog posts. I'm glad you found it for me!
Cute journal!
You are such a good daughter! and daughter in love! love, J
Post a Comment