Thursday, September 24, 2009

Winterizing and Feminizing



I didn't expect much cold weather yet down here in Texas, however the last couple weeks have had me wishing that I had more warm weather for my little babe. Having 3 older brothers, she doesn't have any hand-me-downs and we've bought mainly short sleeved tops.

Well I saw a tutorial on adding long sleeves to short sleeved shirts here. And decided to give it a shot with an old shirt from the boys and and old shirt of mine that were in my garbage pile. Here is the before... Notice the boyish buttons and the discoloration...

I added the sleeves following the directions linked. Next I changed the buttons to clearish/white buttons for a more feminine look. The final step was to add the yo-yo flowers in complimentary fabrics to disguise the discoloration a little.

The final product is far from perfect, but its warmer for the babe and it has a little pizazz to up the femininity... not that anyone would ever think this beauty was a boy, right?

7 comments:

Josh said...

man I wish I could enlarge the photo of Eliza! So cute Kim! Good job! I am wayyy impressed!

Vause Family said...

Awesome!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

YOU!!!!! ... Are a little SMARTY PANTS!!!! I would never have believed it! That is SO COOL!!!. And the fact that it is from two old shirts...one, a brother's, and another from momma....I am just totally impressed.

Somebody is very clever and somebody else is very good at following directions!

And she IS a BEAUTY!!! Just melts my heart...sigh.

love, Jane

ps that pale yellow is a great color for her!

Grandma Hoss said...

Kim I am so impressed. You did a great job on that shirt and Eliza looks terrific in it. Way to go Kimberly. I can't believe how grown up Eliza looks. She is just adorable.

Love to all

Mom Holliday

JandS Morgan said...

Dang that is crafty. I love love love the flowers on it.

Devin & Amanda said...

Sooo stinking cute!!!

Liz said...

Way cute shirt! I love that idea. Please send me the site that you found the shirt instructions on!