For those of you who don't know, I am currently seeing a counselor in an effort to cope with some mild depression. My counselor is convinced that my depressions stems from my circumstances more than my biochemistry and has highly advised that I give myself some more "Kim" time. So, I called a bunch of my local crafting stores in search of a class to get me out of the house and doing something I love. There really weren't a lot of options with the places I contacted, but I did find a couple things that appealed to me. I'm enrolled in a second course of cake decorating which will be lots of fun! And last night I was able to attend a painting class!
I love to paint. Every time I pull out my paints (which is not very often with all my wee ones running about) I say to my husband, "Oh! I need to do this more often. It is so therapeutic!" Seriously, every time. Keep in mind that the only medium I have ever worked with is craft paint. I've done some paintings that I've been really pleased with on canvas. I've watered my craft paint down and treated it like water color. But I've never used actual artist quality paint. My painting class was using acrylic paint, the real stuff. I was super (dee-duper) excited! So when I came home from a meeting Wednesday night and my hubs told me the instructor called to cancel because I was the only one enrolled was major disappointed. So much so, that I called the manager and asked about it. Turns out there is a corporate policy that if there aren't at least 3 people signed up the class is supposed to be cancelled, but she was willing to ask the instructor if she'd be willing to teach just one student and she was! YAY!!!
The painting wasn't something I would have chosen on my own, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. There are things I would do to improve it, but the evening was very therapeutic (not to mention the smile I get each time I look at my work). I just love creating beauty! There's nothing quite like it!
11 comments:
I LOVE that painting!! It is gorgeous! You definitely have some natural talent happening here :).. beautiful!
Kim!?! Are you serious? THat is something I would totally buy. You are amazing-- I had no idea you had that talent. I hope you get a chance to keep it up!
Kim, that is truly amazing! I made a baseball diamond for Ashton's birthday party and failed miserably. The fact that you can create something like that is just inspiring to me! Well done!
Painting really is great therapy! Who doesn't have a bit of depression now a days. I'm glad that you're getting Kim time!!! That is so important!!!!! Love your painting!! I hope you hang it in your house so you can have a warm fuzzy every time you see it!!
hello, that is AWESOME!!!!! I am happy for you!
Seriously, Kim..that is a gorgeous painting. I am jealous...painting is something I've always wanted to do! I can't wait to see the rest of your stuff!
Everytime I look at the painting I get more and more excited. You are so talented. I am happy that some good came from my side of the family:)not just bad things. You are definitely a natural artist. And I will take part credit for that.
Thank you for sharing that talent with us. I would hang it in my house too. So anytime you would like to paint something for me. Do it!
Love you tons. Mom
I do think that creating is therapeutic. And realizing that you need to take the time to learn and better yourself is huge, it sounds like you are getting great advice.
Oh, you little stinker pot!!!! You are beyond talented!!! I think you got a boatload of the creative gene!!! Truly!!!
That is just a happy, "I want to look at you" picture. I love the colors and the shading. This is DEFINITELY a top talent for you.
WOw, I am awed!
love, Jane
p.s. I still get comments about the cool barn picture in my dining room. I LOVE IT!!!
another thought....as beautiful as that is...you will soon be teaching the class....
Wow! I love it! You always amaze me! Lisa
Post a Comment