Thursday, May 24, 2007

My summer reading plans...

So I have been trying to decide what to read this summer and I have decided on some books that I thought I'd share. First, I will be reading all the books for our book club, obviously. :) I am also planning on reading all the Harry Potter books before the grand finale debuts. Our ward will be having book club (the last one I can attend :( sadly)and I will be reading that book as well, if I can just remember what the title is.

I just purchased a couple books by LDS authors that sound very good, a little departure from my "normal" reads as they are both non-fiction. The first is "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. I am extremely excited to read this. She wrote it because she heard so often from LDS women describing their lives, "I'm just a mother." If I love it as much as I think I might, we may be reading it for discussion (sorry to all the guys in our club). I love the cover, so here is a copy of it for your viewing pleasure.



The other book I just bought is called, "The Mormon Way of Doing Business" I can't remember who wrote it, but he is LDS. It is about 7 or 8 top business executives that are LDS and their experiences with faith, family, and business.

I am looking forward to my summer of reading. Wish me luck! What are you reading? Have any of you read the books on my list? What did you think of them? Let me know!

4 comments:

Terra said...

I want to read "I am a mother." I've never been one to question my role as a mother--it's what I've always wanted to be and honestly, I take it very seriously and think I understand its importance--but lately I think I could use a "mom-boost-kind-of-book" so pass it on when you're done!

Anonymous said...

I am a Mother is a good book. It is a good "mom-booster" book.

Kim-the-girl said...

That what I'm hoping for...can't wait to get it!

Anonymous said...

How ironic - I JUST read this book!
I was assigned to give a talk in church on Mother's Day and my mother-in-law suggested I read this one. It was exactly what I wanted to share, so based my whole talk around it. I have never had so many people thank me for a talk I've given - this book is what ALL women (regardless of mothering status) need to hear.

It is a quick read, I read a few pages here and there while nursing or waiting for my dial-up internet to load pages! :) I cried and laughed and gained strength in my testimony of motherhood. I am SO proud to say I AM A MOTHER!

Every mom (and woman) needs to read this book.