Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Goose Girl Discussion

Well, what did you think of the book? I have posted several questions below to help our discussion along. There is a comments link at the bottom of each post, just click it and add your thoughts, then you can click "other" and type your name in. If you have comments that don't fit with the questions or your own questions to add, post them in the comments at the end of this post. Don't be afraid to add your opinion, we're all friends here!

8 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Alright, I"m going to get the ball rolling...I really liked this book. I thought it was so much fun to read. I loved Ani/Isi and found her so real. I related with her on a lot of levels. I was so eager to figure out what was going to happen to her. She made the book for me, with a different main character this story would've fallen flat for me.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book too, which surprised me because this isn't my type of book normally. And then I went ahead and read Enna Burning, which is the next one (thanks to your recommendation Kim!) and I loved that one too! It was kind of dull for the first half but by the end I was delighted with it! I definetely recommend it. Now I'm on to reading Twilight and already I can tell it's going to be a favorite. Devil in the White City sounds interesting... it's so nice to get some good ideas of books to read! I needed someone to get me reading again after having my 3rd baby!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the book. Like Kim I really like Ani/Isi. She had so much spirit, but not much confidence in herself. Yet she wasn't afraid to give everything her all.

Becky said...

I loved this book. I really got into it. It has been a long time since I have taken a little time for myself to sit and read and I really enjoyed it. I have already put her other books on hold at the library, and have started reading "The Devil in the White City". Thanks Kim, for getting me going again.

Anonymous said...

This is one book that goes on my "books I LOVE" list. Kim, you always have good recommendations. Thanks! I loved how Ani "found" herself and developed as a character. I 'm excited to read Enna Burning.

Ethan said...

Rockin' Awesome Book! I was swept away. I loved how she explained the mechanics of how the magic of animal speaking and earth speaking developed in Ani's life. So often the magic in a fairy tale is presented in a way saying "just accept it. It's magic. No explanation needed."
The way Falada factored into the development of Ani's magic of windspeaking was interesting.
"Falada"
"Princess"
That was a difficult part of the book for me. I didn't cry, but I felt. Good book.

Kim-the-girl said...

Isn't my husband awesome! I really loved that she explained the mechanics as well. If you go to her website, go to the "shannon" pulldown menu, under biographies at the very end of the page there are links to interviews. In one of the interviews she describes the magic (the whys, whats, and hows) pretty well. Her interviews are fun to read.

Anonymous said...

Jeni here..I thought the book was delightful and fun..a little predictable like a disney movie..but I like those books..where there magic through out the book and it ends with a happy ending. I loved Geric. I want to marry him :). I hated the mom. She was mean and should be ashamed of herself! Ani's brother and sisters should have stood up for Ani and protested her banishment! But, then we wouldn't have goose girl, would we? Kim..after reading everyone's well worded comments..I've realized I'm a simpleton. :( I'm not very good with words!!!!! I feel like I'm a first grader writing my 1 sentence book report :).
Thanks for the good book!