Once upon a time there was a girl. She loved to read, she loved to create, and she loved to cook. Then she remembered she had 6 kids and didn't have time for any of those things... this nook is for Kim, the individual; not Kim, the mom; not Kim, the wife; just Kim, the girl.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Love is in the air...
*SPOILER WARNING* Does Ani's mom love her? Discuss the romance of Ani and Geric? How would he describe her? Why does their romance bloom and then wilt? Were you surprised at his true identity?
This is a tough one...I think her mom does love her because I can't imagine a mother not loving her daughter. However, I do NOT think that her mom LIKES her. I'm not sure that she likes anyone. How could you ever feel like you had a true relationship when you knew that everyone always wants to do what you want them to.
The romance was sweet. I think he would describe her as the kind of person who isn't afraid of anything. I was totally NOT surprised by his identity, I saw it the moment he rode up. Of course, I was terribly glad that he trusted her enough to trick Selia in the end, it said a lot for the way he felt for her all along.
Ani's mom I think is the one who is unsure of how to feel about everything. She rules with her mind and uncaring, but I felt that she truely was sorry for what she was doing to Ani. That tells me that she did love her even though she tried very hard not to show it. I think that she also worried about Ani, because she didn't allow herself to get to know her. She truly thought that a Queen had to be separated etc.
I loved the romance. It was perfect and true. Ani was herself with him and he fell hook line and sinker. Because Ani didn't know who he was she was able to be herself. By the time they met Ani had gained some much needed confidence in herself.
Upon my second reading, I felt very little chemistry between the two of them in their charade, it was really bothering me. At the end however, when he proposes, I really felt the romance and chemistry which made up for the lack thereof earlier.
Yikes, I have a lot to say! Sorry, feel free to join me anytime!
Anyhow, when Ani sees Selia wearing her tiara (pg. 333) she thinks comments that her mother's love is false. Is this verification that her mother indeed, does not love her? Or is it just a hurt daughter's thoughts of the one that caused so much pain? Discuss amongst yourselves...
4 comments:
This is a tough one...I think her mom does love her because I can't imagine a mother not loving her daughter. However, I do NOT think that her mom LIKES her. I'm not sure that she likes anyone. How could you ever feel like you had a true relationship when you knew that everyone always wants to do what you want them to.
The romance was sweet. I think he would describe her as the kind of person who isn't afraid of anything. I was totally NOT surprised by his identity, I saw it the moment he rode up. Of course, I was terribly glad that he trusted her enough to trick Selia in the end, it said a lot for the way he felt for her all along.
Ani's mom I think is the one who is unsure of how to feel about everything. She rules with her mind and uncaring, but I felt that she truely was sorry for what she was doing to Ani. That tells me that she did love her even though she tried very hard not to show it. I think that she also worried about Ani, because she didn't allow herself to get to know her. She truly thought that a Queen had to be separated etc.
I loved the romance. It was perfect and true. Ani was herself with him and he fell hook line and sinker. Because Ani didn't know who he was she was able to be herself. By the time they met Ani had gained some much needed confidence in herself.
Upon my second reading, I felt very little chemistry between the two of them in their charade, it was really bothering me. At the end however, when he proposes, I really felt the romance and chemistry which made up for the lack thereof earlier.
Yikes, I have a lot to say! Sorry, feel free to join me anytime!
Anyhow, when Ani sees Selia wearing her tiara (pg. 333) she thinks comments that her mother's love is false. Is this verification that her mother indeed, does not love her? Or is it just a hurt daughter's thoughts of the one that caused so much pain? Discuss amongst yourselves...
Post a Comment