Saturday, April 14, 2007

Family Ties

*SPOILER WARNING*
How would Ani's family react if they knew how she had saved their kingdom? Would they regret the way they treated her? How would her Aunt feel about all she had done? Whose approval would mean the most to Ani?

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I think her mom would be speechless. Her brother would be grateful and her sisters would be in awe. I'm pretty certain that her brother would regret the way he treated her, but her mom not so much. I don't know that her aunt would be terribly impressed, she obviously doesn't care about the outside world. She would be pleased with Ani though for embracing who she really is.

I think that Ani's mother would be the approval she would want the most. Ani always wanted and never felt like she had it before, therefore it would mean the world to her.

Anonymous said...

I would like to think that they would be greatful. I think that her aunt would have been proud of her finding out who she was and acting upon it.

I agree with Kim that what she always wanted was to please her mother and feel that she had her approval.

Ethan said...

Stupefied! Amazed! I wonder if the brothers and sisters might feel some resentment and jealousy toward her as well. Her aunt, well pleased. Mother may have a paradigm shift from thinking "magic" is kooky and bad to something that is to be embraced. I just wish Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia would have that shift in the next HP book. It won't happen, though.
I think the approval of her mother would mean the most to Ani. I know that the approval of a mother can be a great thing.

Anonymous said...

Jeni here..I would hope that her mother/sisters/brother would all feel really bad and terrible that they sent her away and that they would feel indebted to her for the rest of their lives to Ani for saving them all.
I think the aunt knew Ani was born for greatness and all the stories she shared with Ani would inspire and guide her through the difficult times that lay ahead for Ani.