The book I have chosen for May is...Drum roll please...The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Booklist had this to say about it: "A fine adventure tale full of danger, suspense, surprising twists, and a satisfying conclusion. The engaging plot can certainly carry the tale, but Hale's likable, introspective heroine makes this also a book about courage and justice in the face of overwhelming odds. The richly rendered, medieval folkloric setting adds to the charm."
Its an EASY and fun book to read and I hope you will join me for our discussion. We will officially have our "meeting" on May 30, but add comments anytime before or after that.
I know some of you have already had this as a book club book, so it should be easy to add your thoughts here, we would all love to hear them.
Enjoy, The Goose Girl
2 comments:
The first couple chapters were a little difficult for me to get through, if you're struggling I think you'll find it worthwhile to keep going! :)
Wow, Kim. I went to the library AGAIN today to see if The Goose Girl was on their shelf yet, and it is not. So, I asked to be put on their "holding" list, and I am number 11! So, I may not be able to participate this month, after all. If you decide on a book for the next month/time let me know so I can start "holding" it at libraries!
Post a Comment