Well, I have an amazing mom, but I unfortunately have treated her unkindly too often. I have focused on the few negatives rather than the profuse positives, this has undoubtedly clouded my opinion of myself as a mother as well since as we judge we will be judged (even if its just judging ourselves). I have always loved and admired my mom, she just deserves much more respect. So, in an effort to change this I give you an homage to my mom.
My mom is the most loving person I have ever met--truly. She loves everyone and you can not come into her home without feeling it.
My mom loves to serve. I haven't always supported her efforts, but she honestly loves to do things for those that she loves. My dad is one lucky guy, she takes care of him constantly.
My mom loves to laugh. She also loves to have others laugh. Making others happy is her ambition in life.
She can zone out of anything going on around her if she is watching a good TV show, especially Murder, She Wrote.
My mom doesn't like it when others are hurting. Whenever someone was being teased or "tricked" she just couldn't let it go on, much to the chagrin of some. :)
She is hands down the best cook I've come in contact with.
She really loves sports, but she gets really into it so she can't always watch. When we played soccer she would run along the side line kicking her foot out as if she were on the field.
She was and is incredibly supportive. She never missed anything that I did in school, be it a play, a concert, or a game. Not only that, but she enjoyed it. Even now, she has coerced my dad into being present for all of Bryant's birthdays.
She is an amazing seamstress. She has sewn me some magnificent gowns (including my wedding dress).
She is genuinely happy and it radiates from her.
She is a great storyteller.
My mom is one of my very best friends. She is a good listener (most of the time) and she gives good advice.
She is a fantastic teacher. She has so many talents and she is so willing to share her wealth with anyone willing to sit down beside her and learn.
She is very devoted and teaches me almost daily to be so.
My mom is the epitome of an optimist. She always wants to believe that the best will happen.
My mom can not hold a grudge. She forgives more readily than anyone I know. For this, I am very grateful.
My mom has a testimony of the gospel and she knows that the Savior lives and that He loves her. She has helped me to gain my testimony of these things.
I love my mom for these and many other reasons. She inspires me to be a better mom and a better person. She is incredible!
4 comments:
Great post, Kim. I agree with you 100%. Your Mom is amazing. I remember when she and your dad came and surprised us for the boy's birthday's. I am thankful for the many good qualities you share with her.
Kim you make it easy to be a good mom. I was truly blessed to be given you as a daughter. I love being your mom. You are such an example to me of what I want to be. I only hope that I can live up to the wonderful things that you said about me. Thank you.
Let's just say you made me cry. I am so blessed in inlaws!
Adrienne
Adrienne you are a wonderful daughter. I won't say inlaw because I think of you as one of mine. Thank you. I love you very much. I love all of my children. I am the one who is blessed. Now if only Dennis would get married my 10 children would be complete.
Post a Comment