
OK, I haven't been able to read The Devil in the White City yet (waiting for the library) but I've been busy with my other books for the summer. I have read Harry Potter, books 1-3 so far. I have never read 1 or 2 before this and all the others I have listened to. They are the most entertaining audio books, Jim Dale does all the voices and he is amazing! (Trying not to use that word too lightly, he's really that good!) I have really enjoyed all of them. They are easy to read and so entertaining. I think thats one of the reasons I like to read Young Adult fiction so much, its written to get young people to love reading.
So which of the Harry Potter books is your favorite? Least fav? Why? What characters do you love, hate, etc? Did you like the movies? I'd love to hear your speculation for book 7 too!
8 comments:
My favorite character so far is Lupin. I think he is great all around (aside from that monthly issue). He is such a wonderful teacher and so patient. He seems to be a good judge of character too. I really liked book 3 in large part because he was in it. I don't know if its my fav, but I really liked it.
If I remember right I thin kI liked book 3 best, followed closely by book 4. I believe book 5 was my least favorite. Great story, though, and I want to re-read them all before I read the last.
I think a lot of people feel that way about the 5th, but if I'm remembering correctly, it is on the top of my list because I love that Harry forms an army and that he names it for Dumbledore it awesome! Umbridge makes that book almost intolerable for me though. I DESPISE her! I heard a lot of complaints about Harry being a whiner, but I thought it was understandable. Those are my thoughts. Book 4 was one of my least favs I think, but I'm enjoying it a lot this go round. Isn't it great, how we all have different opinions? What a boring place this would be if we were all the same.
Last night, after I finished reading I am a Mother, I picked up book 4 and read until my laundry was done. I just read my favorite scene yet (favorite humorous scene anyway). When the Weasleys use Floo powder into the Dursleys fireplace, it was hysterical! I really, really like Mr. Weasley.
One thing I'm noticing and not liking at all, is the Ms. Rowling has used more and more swear words in the books. In book 1 or 2 she said that some cursed, but then in book 3 we actually have to read a couple of their curse words and already in book 4 I've read a few. It is so maddening, we don't need to read it, we can understand the emotion and the character without it! These are CHILDREN'S book aren't they?
I would have a hard time choosing a fav or least fav. I have loved them all. Certain people in different books I have disliked immensely some of the characters. Umbridge was one of my least fav person too. Snape is so easy to dislike even though Dumbledore seems to trust him. Harry's aunt, uncle and cousin are among the disliked characters as well. Oh I can't remember her name, but I don't like the newspaper woman either. Oh and I can't spell their names, but I the don't like the Malfoys either (father or son). I love Haggred, Dumbledore, the Wealey's (mom & dad, Lupin, Serious Black, the professor over Harry's group McConnell or something like that, etc.
I totally agree with you Kim. The books are so captivating to listen too. They are so well written it is easy to become involved with each of the characters whether you love them or hate them.
I've now finished book 4 and book 5 and LOVED both of them. I must not have listened very well to book 4 before because it was a great read. Book 5 is still my favorite I think though. Maybe because I like to throw my own pity party so often I relate to Harry. I was completely agreeing with his feelings and thinking of how I have felt the same way. Lupin also continues to be one of my favorite characters. LOVE him!
Oh I am so excited for the 7th book! I can hardly wait! I really hope that Harry wins, but what if they both die? I'll be really mad. Do you think Dumbledore is really dead? I hope that He and Snape had a plan and that he is able to come back to help Harry. I'm also glad that Ron and Hermione are going to be in it. HOORAY!!! It comes out so soon!
Post a Comment