Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! Children's Book Highlight

I am sorry that I didn't get this posted sooner, I was going to try to do it on Monday, but all 3 kids at the library and getting on the computer don't mix. Anyhow, the book for this week is One Tough Turkey A Thanksgiving Story by Steven Kroll, illustrated by John Wallner.

"Solomon is one tough turkey! And when the Pilgrims decide they must have turkey for their first Thanksgiving dinner, he's not about to let them succeed.

With the help of his wife and his children, Solomon leads the hunters on a wild turkey chase. The results are disastrous...in this slapstick version of the first Thanksgiving." -From the inside cover

The kids have really enjoyed reading this one the past week or two, its silly and fun...just what we needed. It has old school illustrations with very few colors, but the kids didn't seem to mind.

Just FYI, I looked it up on Amazon and the lowest price is $40.00!!! It goes all the way up to $121.17. I'm not sure why that is, but I found it fascinating. Just for the record, I would not pay that much money for this book, but if you can get it from the library, its a fun one!

No comments: