Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Children's Book


This week's book is S is for Sunshine A Florida Alphabet by Carol Crane and illustrated by Michael Glenn Monroe. I absolutely love this book and want to buy it for our family library. It goes through the alphabet with things that are special to Florida like, "A is for Alligator..." "B is for Beaches..." "N is for NASA..." You get the idea. Each page has a little rhyme and a gorgeous illustration and on the side it goes into detail about the item for a paragraph or two.

The best part about this book is that there are several volumes. From B is for Beaver An Oregon Alphabet to A is for Arches a Utah Alphabet to P is for Potato An Idaho Alphabet. I really want to collect these from the states in which we have lived and will live. I just checked Amazon and it looks like they have all the states. It looks like they have counting books for the states as well. The books are by different authors, but all published by Sleeping Bear Press. Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

1 comment:

Vause Family said...

Gotta love those books that pertain to your dominion. I found a great one, Good Night Chicago, and I believe it has a series of different towns.