Monday, October 26, 2009

Fun Kid Craft

I found some fun Halloween rubber stamps at Michael's for $1 each. I let the boys all choose one with plans for some kid craft... that hadn't been envisioned yet.

I decided to make the boys each a trick or treat bag and let them stamp it however they liked. I made the bags with fabric cut out of some old maternity capris my mom made me that were always way too big. I added a ribbon with some decorative (sort of) orange stitching and black handles (the nylon belt material stuff) and let the kids go at it.

They had fun. As you can see they varied from really particular about where things go, to not caring at all if there was even ink on the stamp. It was pretty fun and it was quick which meant it was a lot less stress for this momma. My 3 year old actually didn't want to stamp his, he just told me where to put each stamp, and he's got a good eye!

I added their names when they were all done stamping.
We had our first trick or treat experience with them on Saturday night and the kids loved their bags! It was fun to have something they created to show to the people giving out candy.

3 comments:

KellyAnne said...

What a fantastic idea! I can't believe I've never seen anyone do this before. LOVE it. I think I'll copy you! :)

Adrienne said...

Wow-we should make our own bags-that is so cute and then nobody will argue about which bag is theirs!

But-I think it will have to be next year. How the heck does life get so busy?

Grandma Hoss said...

The bags turned out really cute. What a smart mommy you are. Are you making one for Eliza? When I come next week I would like to see the bags.

Love you tons.

Mom