Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good Behavior Tokens

Remember how I was unable to finish my tokens because I had the wrong stuff (contact paper to be exact)? Well, I had this brilliant idea in the middle of the night one night... packing tape!

So I finally got the tokens made and the kids are eagerly earning them (at least the oldest is).

They were very easy, albeit a little time consuming. KellyAnne's idea in the comments about using those dollar store decorative marble/stones is a great one. I however, don't get out very often (something about taking 3-4 kids with me) and prefer to not spend money, so I was anxious to use things I had on hand.

Everything I used to make these tokens I had on hand. Card stock, circle punch (one of my favorite investments), packing tape, and scissors.

I want to have some nice things the kids can "save up" for in our family store, so I made a lot of tokens, 40 for each child. Each boy has his favorite color. I punched the circles out of the card stock, laid out a long piece of packing tape and stuck circles to it, added a second piece of tape over the top of the circles and cut them out. If you look at the picture I was cutting them out in an odd way. Trust me after cutting out 120, this was the quickest way for me to do it. I did an "s" cut around the bottom circle and then a backward "s" cut around it and they each came off in a way that I was able to make one quick cut off one side and they were done!

Now if I can just the younger two boys interested in "quickly obeying." But that is another post for another day. :)

3 comments:

aLi said...

aaaahhhh, I like it! I'll have to remember this for the future. And the cutting technique, too. :)

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

You are STILL SO CLEVER!! And every FHE you hold and every effort you make will have good consequences whether you see them or not. Part of parenthood, I have decided, is trying, laughing, and enduring. love, JTMIL

Grandma Hoss said...

You are so smart. Way to go on using what you had on hand. They look great. The boys will really want to obey once they see what Bryant earns with his reward.

Love you

Mom