Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beginner Quilting

My ward Relief Society decided to have a beginner quilting class. We didn't actually do any quilting, but we learned how to piece. Our teacher taught us the log cabin pattern, which looks a lot more intimidating that it is.

I only had tiny scraps of fabric to work with, so I decided to just make a one square pillow with a wider border. My border doesn't actually fit the pattern because I didn't have a large enough piece of one color, but it works for me. I made it for my baby girl with her favorite minky dots on the back. She LOVES it! And it makes me so happy that I made something so cute!

Leave me a comment if you'd like instructions on how to make your own log cabin quilt squares... I don't want to take the time for a tutorial if no one's interested...

4 comments:

Devin & Amanda said...

It is super cute! If I had a sewing machine I would want the tutorial. But as it is, I am completely untalented on that front! But yay for you!

Vause Family said...

Awesome! Some day I'll learn how to sew and quilt.

Grandma Hoss said...

Kim the pillow is awsome. You did a great job. When I come for the baby you will have to teach me how to do the log cabin. Did you cut Eliza's blanket to get the back? Way to go Kim. I am so proud of you.

Love you tons MOM

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

AAHHHH!!!! That is SO CUTE!!! I am TOTALLY impressed! What will you try next? (said in a sly, sneaky voice) I can't wait to see! Love, Jane