I remember having this cake from a Dutch oven many years ago... I love the yummy, chewy chocolate cake with the delicious hot fudge sauce/pudding (depending on how long it cools) underneath. Served with ice cream this is sooooo good! I'll be honest and tell you that putting candles in it wasn't a fabulous idea... they melted from both ends!
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
Mix all that yummy stuff together and put in a 9 x 13 pan.
Mix 2 cups brown sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
Pour 2 1/2 cups boiling water over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let set for 15 minutes before serving.
1 comment:
This is one of my favorite cakes. I love the candle tip. That is so funny. I wouldn't have thought about it melting the candles, but it makes sense.
Hugs & kisses Mom
Post a Comment