"improve yourself to the utmost in studying good books and in associating with, and listening to, and profiting by, the conversation and experience of good persons."So, my few fellow readers... thanks for helping me to follow a prophet. I can read good books, but I need you in order to follow all of his counsel.
One other thing that Brother Brigham said (to a different son in 1855) I really liked...
"Listen attentively, and observe minutely the manners, customs, and remarks of all, for from the most humble of our fellow creatures an observing man can learn something that will be useful to him in after life."I love this! I try to be observant, but I don't know if I've placed the reason. I completely agree that I can learn from even the "most humble of [my] fellow creatures." It just validates that we are each important, not only to our Father in Heaven, but also to our brothers and sisters on the Earth.
1 comment:
I loved those quotes by BY! One of my favorite things to do is observe & study others...(that's why I wanted to be a cultural anthropologist back in my day. :)) Yay Book Club!
Post a Comment