I really have been doing lots of projects lately, however, I haven't quite finished most of them. Here's a little sample of one I'm really excited about...

One craft project I did finish and am very pleased with is an alphabet memory game. Seriously, why isn't there a game like this on the market? Or maybe there is and I just haven't noticed... either way we're working on recognizing lower case letters and letter sounds with my 3 year old and reviewing with my 4 year old is always good... so Mom came up with a game. And it was so easy to do.

I just made uniform size boxes on a Word document and added upper and lower case letters to them, I also made 26 empty boxes for pictures (you could definitely use clip art for this but I thought it would be fun to draw). Printed them off and cut them out. I'm toying with placing the card in contact paper to make them last longer, but haven't been motivated enough to do anything about it.
For the pictures I did a light sketch of something and made sure my kids knew what it was before drawing it in darker and coloring. (This is a step they could have done themselves if their mom wasn't so selfish and if they actually liked coloring.) My drawings are far from perfect, but they recognize what they're looking at and that's all that matters!
So now we play with two of the three sets of cards, matching upper and lower case letters or letters and sounds. And learning just got a lot more fun!
7 comments:
The top looks great! And I love the memory game. We use my old one from the 80s.
The top does look great. But the game is amazing. You are too clever.
Love you tons. Mom
UH!!!! (Said in a whiny voice) In my wildest dreams I couldn't draw and letter like you have!!!! I want to play with your cute pictures!!!(more whiny voice)
Yeah, you are good!!! love, JTMIL
oh, the top....I forgot about it when I saw your cool game! I thought it was a dress...so HOT!!! love again, jtmil
I'm amazed at all you are able to accomplish! I occasionally come up with ideas, but you actually carry them out! Go girl!! Lisa
I love all your fun ideas to do with the kids! I wanted to let you know that I did the good behavior tokens for my girlies (butterflies instead of circles) and it's worked out amazingly well for them. It's nice for them to be able to be rewarded for their good behavior, and also have an actual tangible consequence for bad behavior. They are thinking their actions through before doing them now. It's been a great help in our discipline! Thanks for the idea!
I love the game idea. We could use that.
Post a Comment