Monday, April 14, 2008

Other Fun Stuff

I volunteered to decorate a cake for our Relief Society Birthday Party.  I wanted to do something really springy and this is what I came up with.  I got a little carried away, but everyone oohed and awed, it was fun.  Not what I envisioned, but I liked it alright...and the really important part...the taste, was perfect!  Oh and it earned me the responsibility of teaching a cake decorating class next month.  Anybody have any great ideas for teaching?


I think what I liked best about the cake was the leaf border around the bottom, it was so much fun to make and I think it looked lush and delicious!


Many of you know that I love to make cards, well, these were some fun ones that I "mass" produced one afternoon... they were so easy!  Mass producing is great, because you just cut the same things repeatedly and then glue the same, etc.  Granted, they could have ended up cuter, but for the amount of time and energy I put into them I think they are fabulous!  Then you end up with a lot of cute, handmade cards you can use for any occasion!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Beautiful!!! You're TOO talented!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So lovely!

I did similar flowers for Becca's birthday cake this year - so much work but so worth it!

Anonymous said...

The cake and cards are wonderful. You really are talented. You are too cleaver. I love you tons. Grandma Hoss

JandS Morgan said...

Ooohh, I love the flowers. I really need to take a cake decorating class someday. I do wonder if it is worth it though since I don't like to eat it :) Maybe I could use the skills to decorate cookies.

aLi said...

Wow those flowers must've taken forever! I never learned how to do that kind of flower at the bakery. You are 100% guarantee'd to have to teach me, ok? Your cake turned out awesome!!! I'm so glad you fulfilled your promise of taking pictures and posting them on your blog. And p.s. can I have some pre-made cards just for because? (wink, j/k) How wonderful!

Susan said...

Sweet cake Kim! How are you feeling these days? It seems you always stay buisy doing something creative. See you at graduation!!!